Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

hoppersan2000 posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:29 PM

As I love a good rant and just love to stir the pot, here are my two cents worth (although I wouldn't give you squat for my opinion).  First and foremost, Poser art is just that, POSER art.  It in no way compares to painting, charcol/pencil/ink drawings, and it in no way compares to photography.  I have used all of the above mediums except paint (if it doesn't come in a can, I suck at it) and have found enjoyment in all of them.  Each and every 3D/CG program takes talent to use and use properly.  Here is where I think our illustrious starter of this was hinting at.  I have been a member of Renderosity for years, and throughout those years I have saved a total of 8 renders that others have done, period.  I in no way equate myself to be a top level user of Poser as working 45 hour work weeks and trying to maintain a life tend to limit the attention necessary to attain that level.  What I have seen, majority wise, on Poser renders is exactly what is stated in the initial post, people slap down a figure, throw some boobs on her and click render.  No effort is made to ensure that when the figure is grabbing an object, say a sword, that the figure is actually holding the sword and the sword isn't melded in the fingers.  Or to take the time to pose the hair or clothing so that half of it isn't cutting the figure in half.  The one I hate the most, and there is a certain artist who does this with almost all their work is to render a face, slap it on a figure from someone elses drawing or photograph and claim it was rendered in Poser.   Last of all folks, if you are going to post your work on a dedicated CG site which showcases work using 3D Max/Maya/Lightwave/etc, take the time to make your work shine and show that you have pride in what you do because when you don't, what the world sees from the work of one, they may equate it as the work of all.

Nevr argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with their expertise.