Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

billy423uk posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:36 PM

not to split hairs but it says art community which is something completely different to an artists community. whilst an artists community is a community of artists. an art community can have non artists in it. people who appreciate art or aspire to it. people who want to learn to be an artist. people who think they're an artist and the list goes on. which kinda dismantles the however. oops

that said i agree that new artists or those wishing to become artists should be nurtured and not neutered. and i also agree that anything an artist uses to create art is merely a tool. what i don't see is many agreeing that having or using an artists tool set doesn't necesarily make the user an artist. in fact in the main i see people saying...i use the artists toolset (poser) therefore i am an artist. 
if my last statement holds true then sorry but the poser world has a lot of delusional people paying rent. maybe it's this that pisses off the so called real artists. personally it doesn't bother me cos i'm only a piss artist

billy