Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Let's hope reason #8 is implied...

JQP opened this issue on Nov 29, 2006 · 54 posts

Tguyus posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 8:08 AM

Quote - OK call me a silly duck (quack) but where did you come up with the source code for the buttons, I know you didn't decide, hmmm I wonder if I put a bracket here, and a couple of periods there, what it would do.

The code for a pose dot is actually just the same as the code in a PZ2 pose file; it's just that the file is given a particular name in the dots subdirectory.  You can "dottify" any pose you want by moving a copy of a given PZ2 to the dots directory and changing the name to match the name used for pose dots in the pose room.

I don't know about any articles or manuals describing code production.  Most of what I learned about file internals I learned from the many Poser wisemen and wisewomen who have hung out in the Poser Technical forum over the years.  Seems like many of them are gone now, though I saw recently that one of the most knowledgable folks of all --englishbob-- is still around.  So is Little Dragon, another incredibly knowledgable and creative expert in this stuff.