Forum: Photography

Subject: OT: Serious client at stake: Need info. on FLASH

waldomac opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 ยท 9 posts

waldomac posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 8:09 AM

Thanks, all for opinions thus far. Digital watermark is certainly excellent; on that we all agree.

Further, it seems generally agreed upon that nothing is completely safe. What I wish to do for this client is do the best that is available to make it as difficult as possible. As the saying goes, "Locks are just to keep honest people honest." There is always, as gradient said, someone who can work out a way to commit a theft, if only to prove it can be done.

Incidentally, gradient, my intent in mentioning my client is extremely gun-shy was not to justify myself; rather, it was intended to show the importance of this little excursion into learning a new software. He has been the victim of theft on a number of occasions, because his content -- musical in nature, both written and audio -- in his area of expertise is top-notch.

I'm talking about plunking down a lot of money here, because this guy is important to me. His project is not so I may come out enriched in the end monetarily, but so he may have the site he has always desired. If Flash is perhaps the safest way to go, I felt the need to seek confirmation from this and one other forum on this site.

So far, though far from infallible, perhaps Flash is, after all, the safest. I welcome any and all opinions on this matter, because I do not make this decision lightly.

I appreciate you, fotovizions, inshaala, gradient, and Radlafx, for the time you gave to me regarding this. You have been a great help.