Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 ยท 175 posts

pakled posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 7:51 PM

hmm..if someone of such advanced years was 1 in a billion, there should be at least 6 of them wandering around..;)

I remember from AC Clarke that there was an estimated 100 billion people who had ever lived (so for everyone who did, there was a star in our Galaxy). But hey, we're up in Sagan numbers there anyways..;)

The number of people who live to be 100 has been increasing steadily over time, so it will become more and more common. (Germany started Social Security under Bismark; and set the age limit at 65, because at that time, about 1% of Germans lived that long)

One thing that tickles me is that (correct me if I'm wrong) is that until about 2004, there were 2 widows of Civil War veterans living. The Union one died then, and the Confederate one was about 105 or so, if'n I remember (wonder if she'll tell all..;)

The only thing I ever heard about Soupy Sales was something that got him thrown off the air in the 60's

"Hey kids! What starts with 'f', and ends with 'uck', and you can say it on the air? That's right! Firetruck!..;)

I don't know art, but I know what I like..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)