Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Rendo....get back your community spirit.

Dave-So opened this issue on Dec 06, 2006 · 46 posts

Tguyus posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 9:44 AM

Quote - I do not like cussing , swearing, flaming, and just general rudeness and obnoxious behavior, but the ability to express yourself civily and openly....again in your art and words.
The art should not be censored as it is. The speech content should not have to be suppressed as it has to be here.  The members, as well as the administrators should get a life. Its like everyone has to correct or condemn everything that is said or done.

Someone mentioned above they do not see any illegal images...nor should you...they should all be legal...other than maybe explicit sexual stuff, which doesn't belong anywhere except an erotic gallery.

Interesting points about an issue which is manifest throughout our society, not just here.  Your own comments highlight the difficulty faced by the Renderosity Mods: on the one hand, you regret the censorship of art here but on the other hand you acknowledge that explicit sexual images should perhaps be relegated to, I presume, an adults-only site.  The same "where do you draw the line" tension exists with respect to speech here.  On the one hand, one might oppose the suppression of speech as a matter of principle, yet still believe that there are words which should never be used in the midst of a broad and diverse community.  And there are levels of hostility and intolerance and mean-ness toward others which most every community on earth finds some way to regulate. 

So I, for one, have great sympathy for the Mods here who have to decide upon, articulate, constantly defend --and at times painfully act upon-- the TOS policies which establish where the lines are drawn for this community.  From my own experience over the five years I've been here, I believe their collective job --for whatever reasons-- has become much more difficult in recent years.  I think that's unfortunate and remain hopeful circumstances will improve and their job will become easier in the future. 

Hmmm... maybe once V4 comes out of hiding I should do an animation of her wearing a pageant tiara and saying: "My biggest dream is... World Peace!"

cheers...