Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Rendo....get back your community spirit.

Dave-So opened this issue on Dec 06, 2006 · 46 posts

tastiger posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 12:51 PM

Quote - its hard for me to really explain how I feel about this place. I think a lot of the problem is the commercialization of the place....profits/store before community. Political correctness before creativeness and expression...be it words or art.
I know I've posted before my feelings about this...I much prefer a wide open style..freedom of expression...I do not like cussing , swearing, flaming, and just general rudeness and obnoxious behavior, but the ability to express yourself civily and openly....again in your art and words.
The art should not be censored as it is. The speech content should not have to be suppressed as it has to be here.  The members, as well as the administrators should get a life. Its like everyone has to correct or condemn everything that is said or done.

Someone mentioned above they do not see any illegal images...nor should you...they should all be legal...other than maybe explicit sexual stuff, which doesn't belong anywhere except an erotic gallery.

Anyway...what can I say. I would like to see a more airy and carefree atmosphere around here. 
But it isn't just here that has changed .and that was pointed out. It is all over our society here in the USA. Intolerance is sneeking its head in again. Its the political correctness deal, plus the fact people can't take responsibility for their own actions, and try to direct everyone's elses besides. Its the hypocrisy of it all.

As another long time member I can't help but agree with your sentiments Dave - there was a time when if one needed a certain prop or clothing - we would discuss how that could be achieved - not just given a link to a store item. I don't know why but it does seem the Community spirit has gone - this place really used to be fun once upon a time - it just doesn't do the same for me anymore.

LOL - perhaps we need a new forum just for us oldtimers so we can show these youngun's  how we used to do things around here in the last Century
:b_tonguewink:

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro