Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So how do we change V4's eyebrow colour?

Kalypso opened this issue on Dec 08, 2006 · 60 posts

Spanki posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 4:53 AM

Quote - When you look at the memory involved in including the eyebrow geometry in all the headmorphs, and the issues it's created for all the various morph combinations out there, this method really is the best.

I HATED they were going to do this, until I read more comments about why it's superior. I 100% prefer this method over the geometry based method.

Also keep in mind the same tutorial link I posted can also be applied to simple things like stubble, tattoos, and facial hair.

I didn't see the thread you're referring to, but I'd certainly argue the flip-side of this argument...

When you look at the overhead of a 'face-texture-sized' texture map, just to color a few pixels in the brow area, that far outweighs a few polygons as far as memory requirements go.  I'd argue that Geometry is clearly superior - For both ease-of-use, as well as memory requirements (additional memory for brow geometry morphs is not even needed at all for lip/phoneme and most nose morphs, where the brows are not affected).  So I guess I'd 100% disagree :).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.