Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So how do we change V4's eyebrow colour?

Kalypso opened this issue on Dec 08, 2006 ยท 60 posts

arcady posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 8:37 PM

Gareee:

I would actually be with you and for this new method if I had faith in texture makers to leave brows off of maps. But I've had that argument with a texture maker before - and (s)he just kept noting that it was too hard with a photo reference to do it...

Of course, the issue we now have with V4 is the same issue we have had with V1-3. But with V1-3 it was solely lazy texture makers who were to blame. Now those lazy texture makers can point to the lack of a transmap and say they are doing it right.

But... the above said, there is a further issue. I believe I am not far off when I say close to half of the community renders in Vue, Bryce, or Carrara - and this new situation complicates that. Unless fixes can be achieved for all of Bryce, Daz, Carrara, Vue, and Poser - the worst result is what will result - laziness and complacency will take hold and texture makers will just say it is too hard to support doing it right, and won't pre-warn buyers that they did it wrong...

I have copied this thread off to a texturemaker' yahoo group:
tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/texturemakers/

In the hopes of raising awareness, though I expect they will not like what I've just posted in this post - dislike of me should not be an excuse to not addressing the issue. :)

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery