Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So how do we change V4's eyebrow colour?

Kalypso opened this issue on Dec 08, 2006 ยท 60 posts

deljs posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 12:13 AM

No need to apologize Gareee, I don't think thats digression. Rather it is right to the heart of the matter. Vote with your dollars if you want to be heard. Its so simple. Personally, I won't knowingly buy textures with painted on eyebrows. If I get duped, I'll return it and cease buying from that vendor permanently. Further, I have no interest in a separate full face tex for each color of eyebrows - way too much bloat and tedious to change in my skin shader setup. Nor am I interested in paying for a bunch of worthless Poser node development as I render in Cinema4D. Just provide the brow textures on a white or black background at the same size/resolution as the face texture and let me work out how I wish to use it, and where. Same goes for "makeup" (most of which looks absurdly clown-like in the first place, but now I digress). That said, cloning out existing eyebrows on maps takes literally seconds for each side. If you have a reasonably modern version of Photoshop, use the Patch Tool in Destination mode. Draw an appropriately shaped selection just above the offending eyebrow, and drag it down to cover it. Touch up with Spot Healing Brush Tool if/as necessary. Done. Even without PS, cloning isn't exactly brain surgery, and is available in nearly any 2D prog out there. Using a clone tool in Lighten mode and less than 100% opacity gives results similar to the Healing Brush. Shouldn't take more than a minute per side. It just seems this issue is getting blown way out of proportion. We are CG artists and should be able to do some things for ourselves. We are also consumers, and so have the power to effect change.