Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Someone has Victoria for sale on eBay (LEGAL???)

tbsro opened this issue on Apr 30, 2001 ยท 20 posts

tbsro posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 10:58 AM

I feel bad for Daz, but you're probably right. There probably is nothing they can do. His last auction said, "And if you don't need the CD anymore, you can sell it on eBay and get your money back!" He actually used those words. It's like he was saying, "Once you install the models, you won't need the CDs anymore and you can sell them and get the models for free!" I'm just glad I have the peace of mind that I got my models right from the source, and if I happen to need support for the models I know I can call Daz with my order number and get it legally. That's the big problem with buying used software (or pirating for that matter). You don't get any tech support. And sometimes that can be invaluable. Sometimes the tech support itself can be worth the cost of the software if you're in a pinch. It's a shame that Daz doesn't have a Terms of Use policy on their site that specifically disallows the sale of models and CD's. If there is one, I couldn't find it. There is no FAQ or anything on their site. Oh well, Daz has the information now, and the ball is in their court. If there is anything they can do, they are armed to do it. If not, well... someone is getting Vicky pretty cheap, it looks like. Bidding is at $36.00 with only 1 day and 2 hours left in the auction.