Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Someone has Victoria for sale on eBay (LEGAL???)

tbsro opened this issue on Apr 30, 2001 ยท 20 posts

genny posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 11:15 AM

I buy a lot of my software from the auctions. In fact my Poser3 came from there, and it was new, in the box, with the registration code and everything. I know it was legit because when I wanted to purchase the upgrade at "CuriousLabs" they asked for the registration code, validated it, and sent me the upgrade. Of course, I have bought some bootleg stuff too, unknowingly, but I have learned to read the "ad" very carefully. If it says.....new.....archived....cd....or something like that, and they don't come with the manual, chances are they aren't legit, so avoid those. But there are honest people out there, who bought the software, didn't like it, uninstalled it, and just want to sell it to recover some of the cost. I for one, NEED THE MANUALS, and occasional Tech Help, so if I like the software, I will buy the legitament copy, or as in the case of my "Poser3" get the upgrade. Since I have learned what to look for when buying from the auctions, I have been lucky as of late, and I am sure all the software I have purchased is "Legal". This guy on E-Bay, may be an honest person, just recovering some of his costs, for what-ever reason, and I don't think what he is doing is illegal in anyway, if, it is a legitament copy, and he just doesn't want it anymore. Genny