Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So! Whats Poser 7 like, I wana see or hear somthink, is it as good as you hope

tez12 opened this issue on Dec 12, 2006 · 49 posts

bluecity posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:22 AM

Got P7 last night and have been playing around a bit with it. The most jarring thing is that the interface has not changed AT ALL. I don't mind, as I'm very used to this, but I actually shut it down the first time it loaded because I thought I loaded P6 by mistake, LOL.

The good  news is, the rendering engine does indeed seemed to be much improved. The quality of a FireFly render is a bit better in the fine details from what I can can tell, but the big thing is that is doesn't die on large render scene...P6 would choke up and die like clockwork with anything more than 3 figures in a scene at once (out of memory errors, and my machine has 2GB of memory!); I've been pushing P7 to try to find it's limits and so far haven't found it! This is a very good thing, and that alone makes it worth the purchase.

I haven't messed around much with the new content, but is it just me, or is Sydney even weirder looking than Jessie? When I saw the thumbnail, I thought she was an Asian male figure!