Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

Poppi posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 2:35 PM

quote:  THE BEAUTY OF POSER IS WE DO NOT HAVE TO CREATE OUR OWN TEXTURES.  THE BEAUTY OF POSER IS OTHERS HAVE DONE THIS FOR US SO WE CAN SPEND OUR TIME DOING WHAT WE REALLY WANT TO DO IN 3D.  

And, what, pray tell exactly what do you "Want" to actually DO in 3d.  You buy models, props, scenes, photoshop actions, poses, textures and premade light sets with that money that saves you time.....then what????   You hit "Render"?  Is that what you "DO" in 3d?

Quote:  "There are those who have plenty of time but no money and then there are those who have more money than time. " In my opinion, if you can use your money to buy the tools to give you more time to get to the nitty gritty of what you love to "DO"....there are no excuses anymore for crappy renders.  After all, that time you paid for can be put forward to try and make your render PERFECT.  Soooo, there is no excuse whatsoever for a poser user leaving vicki nekkid with crossed and vacant eyes in the middle of a poorly textured temple.  None whatsoever.

Also, it seems to me that it would be very hard to become good at animation without knowing the basics of "rigging" a character.  Yet, in order to optimally rig a character, the mesh show have certain optimum flows....(ie topology in facial areas....joints, poly counts, etc.)  Are you saying that you want to animate, but only something that someone else has modelled and rigged?  That's kinda another sort of "make art" button, isn't it?  " I wanna call myself an animator, but don't want to have to learn the basic craft at the bottom of all animations. : Sheesh.