Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 Crashing

tbird10 opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 · 22 posts

Tirjasdyn posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:10 AM

I'm getting the crash with firefly:

The scene was created in P6:

Winter Queen Jesse, Freak, Anton's Magic and Freaks tarzan tunic.  There are no poser lights in the scene...Anton's magic lights the scene with problight.  All textures have been tweaked or created in the material room including skin.  There are reflections.  I grew hair on the freak.

I finished tweaking the textures in p7 (the gather node was giving jesse acne...had to fix that), moved Anton's magic out of the way  of the freaks head. 

Render settings:  use displacement, raytrace and shadows on.  It crashed on a 64 bucket and a 100 bucket.  I have moved  it to a 50 bucket and it was still rendering when I left this morning.  Size is 2000 x 2041.

I'll say this it's FAST.  It was halfway done by the time it crashed.  Less than two minutes.  the last atempt was at Jesse's eyes and still going with I left....That's almost 3/4 of the way through the image.  And it had only been rendering for three minutes.

P6 was taking 8 hrs to render this scene.

I'm leaving p6 on until the patch for Vue6i, WW and Shade 8.5 pro are available.  but I'm really liking p7...it just needs to finish the render.

Tirjasdyn
http://michellejnorton.com