Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else like to See the Top 20 back?

StealthWorks opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 · 54 posts

pjz99 posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:24 AM

I don't see how a top 20 is going to help you pick out the "good stuff" from the "junk" (some of which is certainly my own stuff).  You'd just basically be putting down your lot with the masses of people who vote, there's no connection to quality there.  Me, I can skip pretty much all of the over-airbrushed Luis Royo clones regardless of the obvious skill it might require to produce them, but then I'm a clod with no taste.

I do think the current "ratings" system here is a bit silly, you might have Rembrandt fire up some masterpieces and he'd never get onto the top charts because there are people with 50,000 hits that he'd have to pass up.  I'm not saying I have delusions that any piece I'll ever do will pluck the hearstrings of every human being on Earth, I'm realistic about that, but I've seen some really stunning pieces e.g. Tendom's Anna render "Remembrance" that will never make the chart.  One of my favorite images ever in any medium:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1332723
.... 173 views.  11 ratings.

I won't name names or anything, because that would be unkind to the many hard-working artists already on the chart, but come on.  :blink:
(and Tendom I see you online now, you are my hero, your work has inspired me as much as anybody's).

My Freebies