Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else like to See the Top 20 back?

StealthWorks opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 ยท 54 posts

SaintFox posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:43 PM

The fair thing with the art charts is that "what goes up must come down" thing - because once someone adds an artist as a favorite this "vote" is counted. And there comes a day when there are so many people that list you as a favorite that the amount of new "favs" grows far slower as it does in the beginning (sorry if this sounds complicated - I try my best to express my thoughts in english). Okay, you can manipulate it by deleting the favorite and adding it again. But how many people will bother with this and how often?! This makes it much more easy to "enter" the charts as a beginner. I recently found some people that had just round about ten (excellent) images in their gallery.

The unfair thing is the same. It's a question of mathematics - when you start here there are so many people that havn't add you as a fav, if you are an "oldie" there are just a few new users each day.
Networking... well... Regarding the flood of new images each day it's hard to be up-to-date with all the new works that are worth our interest. And the more time you spend here the slower grows your favorite-list. Simply because you don't have the time to see and comment on all of the postings.

As for your question: No, I don't want the Top 20 back. I was always irritated that 3/4 of the images in there where of the same kind. Not that I dislike a Vicky with flowing clothes and shiny long hair smelling on a flower - but I always asked myself why people seem to dislike all the other sujets. Linkdink brought up a good idea: Most viewed and most commented, yes, that could be a good idea.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls