Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 animation tools? Has anyone tried yet?

rkanyama opened this issue on Dec 12, 2006 ยท 46 posts

Bobasaur posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:43 PM

If by "video game cinemas" you are referring to that which I've heard called, "Machinema" undoubtedly Poser can beat the quality. Basically they capture pre-planned motion from games like "World of Warcraft," edit them together and then add audio. Some of them are very cool. However, the imagery looks no better than World of Warcraft screenshots. As far as I can tell they have no facial control and very limited control of what the characters do since they are simply manipulating a character in a game. With Poser, on the other hand, if you have your lighting and rendering set up well you can control almost everything. Hair and dynamic clothing might be limited, but I've seen still renders that met or exceeded Final Fantasy the movie. Therefore I'd have to say tremendous possibilities are there for the dedicated animator. Good luck! Whatever you think of the animations I've mentioned, I encourage you to try your own and post here (or in the Animation Forum) so we can enjoy watching your progress.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/