Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else like to See the Top 20 back?

StealthWorks opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 · 54 posts

Acadia posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:28 PM

Quote - Too many images that were too similar (usually Vicky airbrushed to within an inch of her life).  

OMG! That made me laugh!  It's soooo true.  I actually find myself bypassing such images these days. I don't mind seeing a bit of post work, but when the image is 95% post work as some people do, it just loses it's appeal to me.

I can see painting hair if you're good at it because it does lend itself to more "realistic" images because poser hair doesn't tend to follow the pose for the most part, unless it's dynamic of course. But some don't stop there.

I'm not going to name names, but there are 4 artists in the gallery that I can't tell their images apart from one another because they all look pretty much the same. They're all so post worked to death that I have to stop and look at the name of who created it. Now some might think that's a good thing because maybe they were trying to emulate someone else, but to me they've lost any indiviual style that they might have ever had and are simply knock offs of someone else's style.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi