Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: IM GIVING UP ON DAZ

starr_moongoddess opened this issue on Nov 05, 2006 ยท 57 posts

music2u4u posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:48 PM

Starr, I have been reading all your posts here and you are experiencing the same thing all Daz users did in the beginning. I have been using it since the first build came out years ago. I have watched new users go from beating their heads against the keyboard to some of the most unbelievable artist and renderers out there. If they (we) can do it, I am sure you can too. You are going to hate it and want to destroy it, but you won't because in your most idle moment it is going to haunt you that you know you can do it and you won't be able to put it down. You will come back time and time again to capture the beast and prove to yourself you can. One day it is going to hit you and it will all become very clear just how the beast works. I know every dark corner of D/S and can do it with my eyes closed. I used to download lots of freebies but now I make everything I need with the included Daz primatives. I make my own clothes using The torso and hips parts of characters and then UV map them and texture them. Talk about a perfect fit! I have Poser 5, Bryce 5,Wings, Anim8tor, Blender, and a few more and guess what....I never even open them up anymore because I use Daz for everything now (even modeling with the primatives. You may hate it now,but you will love it in the end and will not want to part with it. Just keep working with it and read,read,read those tutorials. That's how I learned everything I know. The forums is the key and like Incognitas said the forums people will do everything they (we) can to help you because D/S is an awesome program. I am music2u4u and if you go to the Daz freepository and go about three pages you will see a thread for Honda freebies. I started that thread and just look at all the folks that downloaded the free Honda motorcycles and posted their renders. "The Ness" as he is called is about the best at all of this and his work will floor you and he is faithfully dedicated to helping others and even makes stuff for people in need,so go to the forums and keep working with it and hopefully in about 3 or 4 months I will see you up there smiling real big with the rest. If I can help I will.