Forum: Community Center

Subject: i can't take bad comments - morale booster

3_Bad_Mice opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 · 37 posts

billy423uk posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:33 AM

Critics have never been, that I'm aware of, any sort of immunity from being critiqued themselves.  And in fact I believe the old saying about "Don't dish it out if you can't take it" might perhaps come to mind.  Just as you are intitled to your opinion, Billy, the person that is being critiqued has the right to both their feelings and their own opinions and to express them.  Put another way, "For every action there is a reaction".

critics are doing a job and as such should come under scrutiny. someone who does a critiqe or leaves a comment is not necesarily a critic. it one thing to have someone to pop up and start crititting someones work without them asking for comment and another when someone asks for a acomment. the reason it's deemed bad taste to critique a crit thats been asked for is that it doesn't really change anything and the person defending their work often shows themslef unable to accept a fair comment.

i don't wish anyone to respond in the way i prefer. truth be known i enjoy the opposite the opposite reaction or reaction theory may be true in physics but it isn't so in life. our two differing points of view attest to that.

so you agree with me that people aren't entitled to compassion and help all the time...what criteria do you base your giving of compassion on then?

the way we respond is in itself a form of judgement.

i doubt compassion enetered your head in responding to me lol though your civility is pleasing.

i passed on a lot of the other stuff cos it went over my head. as for for someone being affected by anothers post to the point of having a nerve struck....without your response to me this thread would  be half the size lol.

if it makes you happy to think you somehow invaded my emotions to the state of aggitating me then ok i'll say you succeeded. personally i just like a good debate but never mind i can be compassionate when the need arises. are you sure you don't want to spank me lol

billy