Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 animation tools? Has anyone tried yet?

rkanyama opened this issue on Dec 12, 2006 ยท 46 posts

skeetshooter posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 8:53 PM

I learned quickly that making movies in Poser -- or any 3D animation program when you're the only one doing it and you have one computer -- is all about compromise, and being able to finish them is all about "efficiency planning". You can't have 30fps and expect to get it done in this century. You can't have full-boat highest-resolution rendering and expect your computer to do it any other way than one frame at a time and then export it to a video editor. Etc., etc. My biggest mistakes have been in not spending enough time thinking about their video flow in advance and not concentrating on script, dialogue, sound, etc.; i.e., I need to spend more time thinking as a director and less time as an animator. For example, there are some pretty good 2D "cartoons" out there that tell great stories and are both very entertaining and visually striking. They use simple scenes, lots of closeups, quick cuts and savvy editing --and save +/-75 percent of the workload they would have had without them. I've been learning these lessons the hard way, and have been having to go back to my cinema and directing texts rather than the 3D technical sources when I've run into insurmountable (time-wise) tasks. It is NOT instinctive for me, but until I get my own personal render farm and some illegal aliens as animation assistants, I'm having to learn a little art.