Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poor Poser? Urgh. Time for some tough love, kids.

Penguinisto opened this issue on Dec 04, 2006 · 175 posts

DarkPascual posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:51 AM

I have noticed about this forum recently and check some of the opinions.

I found Daz Studio almost a year and Poser only 9 months ago, and just because I was looking for some Bryce info (refered by a friend in my Design school in college). When I finaly get them, I couldn´t believe the easy that they are to work with (at that time, I didn´t  have a Studio 3d max, and now I´m still learning how to use it). In my particular case, I´m a rookie in 3d matters. All my life I made hand drawing and then I started to use programs such as Corel or Ilustrator, but 3d is still something new to me, and Poser turns into a awesome tool to learn some of the basics.

Now I´m getting to the point. The works on Poser (or any 3d software) are art? Only those who intend to be art. I don´t  t know if most of works posted here are ART (in the academic sense of the word), but it doesn´t mean that they are "bad" or "ordinary". All depends if someone want to make his post as art. I don´t think I made art. After all, I´m a graphic designer not an artist (yet).

I think that this fight (to call it some way)is a constant in the art. The new forms, styles and conceptions are really art? Dalí, Miro, Picasso really made art? No for those who have a more classical conception.

But one thing is true. Have a camera don´t made you a photographer, have a canvas and some brushes don´t made you a painter. Have 3D max don´t made you a 3D artist.

Have the toys is only 1/3th of the game.

Perfection is a path, not a goal...