Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why I hate EF and Poser 7

hoppersan2000 opened this issue on Dec 15, 2006 · 40 posts

LostinSpaceman posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 12:52 PM

Quote - LostinSpaceman, I met my ex in July of 1985 and I think I was working on the 286 at the time. Also as I recall, Compaq came out with it first, actually before IBM. I said 1984. It was an estimate. I couldn't remember how long I had been using it, I just think I was using it when I met her. Maybe not. The memory's not what it once was. Maybe I was still working on the Tandy, but I don't think so. In any case, to buy that 286, along with AutoCAD, along with a B size HP plotter, along with about 4 hours training cost $12,000. At least that's what it cost the company. Maybe they were overcharged, but I saw the invoice. I assure you.

Oh I believe the price tag if you're including Autocad. Autocad was a $10,000 piece of software back then. I know because I priced it. I just didn't make the connection that you were including all of the above in that price tag. I thought you were saying the 286 cost that much. Chalk it up to poor reading comprehension on my part.

I hear ya on the memory not being what it used to be. LOL! I was making an estimation on when I upgraded to the 286 myself and couldn't pull a clear date out of my brain for nothing. But I know I bought the Tandy in 1984 because that was also the year I got hired with American Airlines. I knew it wasn't til a year or two later that I upgraded to the 286.

I've gotta say though that trying to compare Poser to Autocad is a bit of a stretch.