Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 & the Ugly Tree

xeniaghost opened this issue on Dec 14, 2006 · 124 posts

mickmca posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 6:12 PM

Another benefit of waiting sceptically on V4 is that I realized in time that the so-called "Pro" version I was weighing against the worthless $29.00 PC membership is no bargain unless you are NOT a pro. Who needs a couple bunches of conforming hair, a handful of "characters,"  some DAZ-style mediocre texture maps, and a handful of Disneyworld sexy outfits when you've got P6, much less P7, to  produce stuff yourself and adapt perfectly good items you already have?  Plus trusting PhilC to do a V4 plugin for WW any day now.

The "deal" is  V4 Complete,  which is the minimum anyone would need to make the figure reasonably usable out of the box. (As I said elsewhere, buying the Base makes about as much sense as buying a car with no tires, steering wheel, or windshield. A little too Heathkit for my taste.) That's $34, with about $10 off but a net of $55 if you get a PC membership. That leaves me down $20. "Pro" costs $77 net, and I'll never use any of it but the High Res textures, and that's iffy.

So I'll just buy her and be done with it. Those of you who didn't pillage the PC during the Hex debacle will undoubtedly find $20 worth of stuff to justify the membership. Go with my blessings.