Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Body Shadows

sdraun opened this issue on Dec 19, 2006 · 12 posts

sdraun posted Sat, 23 December 2006 at 1:41 AM

Quote - I dunno how to fake GI in early poser versions, other than the fake GI infinite light sets like the "render upgrade" set shown in the attached image, or use a bright image with IBL and no AO, to avoid the dark areas that most folks actually wanna see in renders. for GI, I would just use carrara instead. it's very easy in that, and most other modeller apps. if HDRI works in P7, then try that, as that technique should be far more realistic than ordinary IBL.

Thanks Miss Nancy  I finally found what I was looking for! The suggestion to use IBL did the trick. The IBL lights give over all even lighting to the entire scene or figure. For example when using the IBL “sun right” light if the light is placed directly in the center and reduced to 20 % strength before rendering I get great results and it only requires one light!! Then I can add  spot lights and they will produce SOFT shadows for high lights and dramatic effects.
Now I am not trying fruitlessly to get rid of shadows which everyone that responded to this thread knows is very difficult, I am adding shadows if I want to, which is much easier.
Steve