Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Positional Script

Nebula opened this issue on Jan 01, 2007 · 10 posts

Nebula posted Mon, 01 January 2007 at 8:36 PM

svdl,

Ok, I can try that.  When you say "Fix the forearm, shoulder and collar orientations. They might react strangely to the dials, since the hand is pinned in place", how is the hand "pinned in place"?  Are you talking about doing a "lock actor" or parenting?  The reason I came up with this idea in the first place was because of a WIP I have.  V4 is sitting in a high back chair and I wanted to have her hands reaching back over her head and grasping the top of the back of the chair.  But getting her arms positioned right was a bit of a task.  I pretty much got there, but  I was thinking a script like this would have been helpful.  But I have never tried it like you described it.  I will certinally give it a shot.

Since I have you here and you do wonders with dynamic cloth, I wanted to ask if you may be able to create a classy dynamic office blouse for V4.  A nice white silk blouse with front buttons that can be opened and a collar that can be make to stand up or down.  You made an awesome blouse and skirt combo for V3 a while back.  You also made a fantastic robe.  I have played with them both and they work great!  So I was just hoping you might be able to come up with a nice collared office blouse I could use.  In fact, it would go wonderfully with the WIP I mentioned above!

Thanks for your time and you response!

Nebula