Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What exactly is "Allowed Content"?

MrGorf opened this issue on Dec 30, 2006 ยท 26 posts

MrGorf posted Tue, 02 January 2007 at 4:47 PM

I would like to thank everybody for the useful information. I looked at PhilC's site, but unfortunately he only has skullcaps for P4, P5, Vicky, and Mike. Guess I'll have to make my own if I want to make dynamic hair. There seem to be a lot of barriers to dynamic hair, primarily technical. Since you can't really just save the hair and have it snap on to the figure's polygons, this makes it virtually impossible to exchange, much less reuse, things like beards, cat fur, etc., without essentially rebuilding the whole body part or figure, complete with morphs, to use as a "cap."

One thing that I assume actually is an allowed derivative work... correct me if I'm wrong... Is using the joint setup for a figure to create conforming clothes. Right? After all, no matter how you arrive at this set of numbers, it has to be virtually the same or the clothes won't conform. It was kind of an assumption until now, but I see with the release of G2/P7 figures and especially V4, what users are allowed to base clothing on has become explicitly stated... unless I'm misinterpreting something. That IS what the "development rig" for G2 figures is for, correct? Using it in the setup room to make conforming clothes?