Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Do you have a hard time finding things in Poser once they've been installed?

jhustead opened this issue on Jan 01, 2007 · 26 posts

ccbig posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 6:43 PM

I am building something like yours but using Excel instead. This allows me to search through any category very quickly. Because of how I set it up I can browse by a character name, by hair, clothing etc. I can also browse & search in multiple catagories at once. V3 - hair for example. The biggest problem is a newbie I have been adding items faster then I can catalog them. ~ccbig~

Quote - I actually keep a word document (organized by category and subcategories) which lists what and where I have everything installed. As soon as I've installed a new product, I open Poser, go to that products location, verify it successfully installed, then I write down a brief description of the product and where it's located within Poser. The initial documentation is a pain, but this way I have a direct road map to what I want and I save myself countless man-hours of blind searching. For the curious minds, my document's structure is as follows:

Name=Name of Item, Location=Item's location within Poser, Description=Brief descprtion of item, Intended Character=Character(s) Item was created to be used with

1. Hair 
    (Name, Location, Description, Intended Character)

2. Clothing 

3. Characters 

4. Sets & Environments 

5. Props 

6. Poses
    (Name, Location, Description, Inteded Character)