Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has the Daz / EF Gap Gotten Bigger?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 05, 2007 · 98 posts

bopperthijs posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 3:16 PM

Reading this whole thread there are a few things that bothers me, for one thing:  As far as I know DAZ has always been DAZ, I believe the original victoria 1 was made by Zygote, but later it has always been DAZ who made the vickies and mickeys  etc..  Poser has been owned by several companies: Fractal design, Metacreations, Curious Labs and now E-frontier  (forgive if I forgot one) So Poser has been for sell several times on the market. Why, and again why didn't DAZ buy it instead of spending their money on Bryce, I don't say Bryce is a bad product, I used to love it, but it would have been much better for the development of Poser and the poser community and besides that, why has DAZ difficulties with every company that owns poser?
I can understand that they are trying to make and promote their own content-handling-application as I look back at the uncertain future Poser had in the past. ( It has been unavailable in Holland for some years), but I think buying Poser would have been a much better investment.
As the result of this, the customers, we as I speak, are the victim of this politics. Both DAZ and E-frontier are forcing us to make a choice by sabotaging their opponents products. They forget that there's a whole community of users and merchants, who also have to make a living with Poser or DAZ-studio.
I have absolutely no respect for companies that bring free-market arguments to the table to defend their methods. I've always believed and experienced that a symbiotic co-operation is much more fertile.
Even before money-making, poser and his sidekicks has to be fun!!!: for some weeks now I'm working with Poser 7 and Victoria and the major question that troubles me is : If I encounter an problem , what  is the cause: P7 or V4 and could it been avoided?

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?