Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has the Daz / EF Gap Gotten Bigger?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 05, 2007 · 98 posts

Hawkfyr posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 5:23 AM

Oh Gawd...I knew I shoulda kept my moth shut...lol

Put this way...a few in this thread have relatively accurate information coughbobcough... but the real situations reached much farther and wider than what was revealed publicly.

I'm friends with both camps, and gave my word to never disclose what was discussed in confidence with me from "All" involved about how the whole thing started and the way things unfolded as a result. Especially during a very volatile time.

But to keep with the thread...I think the gap has narrowed over the years.

Animosity levels have gone down, and now it's pretty much business as usual as mentioned earlier.

I probably should have stayed out of the thread altogether but some of the speculations struck me funny,and felt compelled to reply.

My apologies.

8 )

Tom

RE:DAZ acquiring Bryce....Well...Corel was ready to turn it into "Shelf-Ware", and it's my understanding that it ultimately sold for a song.(It wasn't so much the price,but rather the cleaning up the code that turned potential buyers off)

In fact...the 3DCommune came very close to buying Bryce as well as some other well known Developers. But Corel wouldn't budge..they wanted cash up front, or it was going on the shelf.  Many Brycer's do not realize that they may have nearly lost any future versions of Bryce... DAZ evidently had the capitol, stepped up to the plate, and bought an app that, under the hood was a total mess from being passed around from developer to developer over the years.

It is my hope that they can turn things around with Bryce but I would imagine it's not going to happen over-night.

But Bryce came very close to being no more. Closer than many might think.

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”