Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has the Daz / EF Gap Gotten Bigger?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 05, 2007 ยท 98 posts

Cheers posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 10:58 AM

True pjz99, but there are good reasons why Max, Maya or XSI are used but not Poser by production studios. Rigging, dynamics, easier to create custom characters that don't look the same as the base mesh and still behave when animated.
For example, you want a character to be animated...in Max you can have the tools so that the muscles and flesh sway and ripple as it moves...try doing that in poser!
Agreed though, Poser is capable of amazing art (and usually stills), but for modelling, animation and flexibility it isn't 10% of what Max, Maya or XSI are and I don't expect it to be. If I was to ask a Poser artist and Max artist to create an animated 5 min short with custom characters, then I know who my money would be on.

We use the tools that fill our needs, and I can show you equally impressive work from Max artists that would be impossible to do in Poser. This isn't a stab at Poser, it's just the way it is - they are different programs...that is why character meshes within Poser are created in modelling apps - it's impossible to create characters from scratch in Poser...then you have the added nightmare of a rigging system that gets the job done despite it and not because of it lol!

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------