Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has the Daz / EF Gap Gotten Bigger?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 05, 2007 ยท 98 posts

gagnonrich posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 12:58 PM

Quote - The amount of Sh!t us Poser users have had to put up with from the "big boys" is mind blowing, I can't understand why anyone who's had it would want to do the same to D|S users.

I can't recall threads here bashing DAZ Studio users. There's an anti-DAZ camp here that pretty much badmouth everything the company does whether it's good or bad. There are people that don't like DS, but I haven't seen much of that sentiment spilling over to people that use it.

There is a lack of DS specific content because most of the people creating content are longtime Poser users. Poser files are usable in both DS and Poser whereas DS files aren't usable in Poser, so content providers are going to stick to the most common denominator. The only reason I don't use DS is because I don't have the time to learn a new interface/workflow.

Quote - One would hope that EF and DAZ realize that content developers are an important part of the solution as well. Whatever happens in the future, I hope it doesn't result in a situation that will force developers to have to choose one side or the other to develop for.

It's not likely that either company would completely invalidate all the content sold in the past. There will probably be a divergence for new figures that will only be fully functional in one program and maybe not even usable in the other. Maybe the worst scenario will be a situation where the best new content isn't fully usable in the best posing program and everybody is forced to compromise between everything,

Who knows, maybe one of the big 3D companies will jump into the fray to really confuse things.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon