Forum: Photography

Subject: How to handle commenting!

kjpweb opened this issue on Jan 10, 2007 · 32 posts

Zacko posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 10:18 AM

Ah comments.....what a lovely topic that is. LOL. I am one of those that just can´t be selective when it comes to commenting. I admit that i comment on just as many images out of guilt/obligation than i do because i really love them.

There are numerous reasons for that. One is because i feel i owe it to those who was generous enough to take the time to leave comments on mine....and that is alot of people just there.
Another reason is because i´ve gotten quite a few IMs whenever i´ve missed someones uploads wondering if they did something wrong or whatever to cause me to overlook them. Sure it´s easy to say that one should just ignore those IMs....but in a weird way they do make me feel bad. :sad: I also get spam-IMs every now and then from people i don´t even know, LOL. I actually love those IMs....they´re sooooo sad....the title would say "Hi Zacko" ....then in the message box there´s only a link to their upload and nothing else, lol. Oooh....and how many of you have gotten comments that says "I have now taken the time to look and review your work and i now hope you do the same in my gallery."...or "I also uploaded a photo of a sunset, you can find it in my gallery. Look here" and then a link....have any of you gotten those? I tell ya...those "requests" are really easy to ignore though. :biggrin:
But the biggest reason is simply because i love commenting....and i know people are getting encouraged by them which makes it all the more fun.

Bottom line however....is that i do comment way too much when i "get in the zone"....and therefor i´m now sitting here with carpal tunnel syndrome as the result of it. :sad: So if i´m ever gonna allow comments on my own photos again (´cause right now i can´t in good concience since i´m not commenting frequently myself...sigh...there´s the guilt again) i need to find a way to balance the commenting and try to not let the people begging for comments get the best of me. And as you said Klaus...there´s ridicilously many uploads every day now....and more and more are joining with paid memberships where they´ll upload 3 shots every day. That´s an entirely different topic though that i´m sure many of us has different opinions about as well.

P.S. Since i´m certainly not qualified as an english teacher i hope Rich can overlook all the typos and bad grammar in this reply of mine. :tt2:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic