Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Vote of thanksto eFrontier

Valerian70 opened this issue on Jan 12, 2007 · 52 posts

ThrommArcadia posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 3:49 AM

Calm down, calm down.  I've been to the CES and AVN Expos and t isn't as cheap and taudry as you might think or as the media plays up.  I mean, yes, there is a lot of what you might expect at the Adult show, but there is a huge amount that you would not expect.  Many legitimate companies have small booths there as a spin off of the main CES.

Fact is the Adult Expo gres out of the CES.  A number of years back when adult material was growing on the internet, these yearly expos in Vegas kept seeing more and more adult businesses showing up and popping up (no pun intended).  It finally came to a point where they had to split the Expo because the Adult side was overshadowing the other side.  But, they have long enjoyed a healthy relationship.

Fact is, the Adult industry is and always has been on the cutting edge of Technology.  The Adult industry was the industry that made VHS succeed over Beta, it was the Adult industry that started utilizing streaming video for commercial purposes and it is the adult industry that made the internet the world wide market place it is today.

A tech company that has an item for market that can even remotely be exploited by the adult industry is being irresponsible if they do not try to make some kind of inroads.  If they don't, their competitors will and it will be the difference between success and corporate suicide.

Years ago Curious Labs had a little questionaire and I remember it very well.  They were doing market research.  They asked many questions and one question that was asked in at least three different ways was "do you use Poser for Adult purposes, if so is it commerecially or privately".

They've known for a long time what the score is.

Don't kid yourself.  Renderosity does not have as many members and patrons as Renderotica.

To own Poser, the first thing you have to do is recognize where your bread is buttered.