Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming cloths on morphed body, what's the trick?

vincebagna opened this issue on Jan 17, 2007 · 26 posts

Acadia posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 2:02 PM

I don't know a thing about clothes converter,  but here is what I can tell you about WW:

1.  Works within Poser through your python script are;

2.  Has buff support by both PhilC and Kamilche;

3.  It's an investment, not an expense and it actually saves you money in the long run;

4.  You can convert clothing between any WW supported figures, even from  Mil Baby to The Freak if you want;

1. How it works:

WW will deposit a small .dat file Inside the WW analysis folder which is found inside the WW folder for every item that you analyze.  What I do when I'm analyzing a full outfit that has multiple parts to it is to create a folder inside my analysis folder named for the outfit.  Then as each part of that outfit gets analyzed I move it to that folder.   You can take your organization one step further and put the outfit folder into a folder for a specific figure so it's easy to look to see if you have already analyzed something.   For example when I analyzed the Abyssal_Queen outfit, I put all of the .dat files into a folder called  "Abyssal_Queen"  and then moved that folder into another folder called "!!ClothingV3".  Unfortunately WW won't recognize anymore subfolders than that.

6.  So long as you don't delete that .dat file which was created you never have to analyze that clothing or prop again.  The next time you want to use that item just load whatever WW supported figure you want to use, add the clothing which you had analyzed before and click "Convert to". WW will convert that clothing to fit the figure.

1. Because WW relies on that little .dat file you no longer have to clog your hard drive with duplicate outfits for each figure you have.  It's fast and easy to just "convert to" as you go along because it only takes a few seconds.

8.  One clothing item can be shared between every one of your WW supported figures.

10.  If you can get the .dat file for the item and you have the clothing, you don't have to have the original figure the clothing was created for in your library. All you need is the clothing and the .dat file. Many WW users share their .dat files. I share mine and I also host the .dat files that people have sent me for sharing.  So this means that if you saw a great free dress for Mayadoll but don't have Maydoll in order to analyze the dress yourself,  you can ask around and see if anyone who has Mayadoll also has WW and would be willing to do the analysis for you and send you the .dat file.  Once you have that .dat file you just add the free Mayadoll dress to whatever WW supported figure you want and click "Convert to".  The only time you need to have the original figure in your libary is if you are wanting to analyze the stuff for yourself.

9.  WW also  has other features like Remove IK, Zero Figure, Inflate, Deflate and you can use it on your actual figure instead of a clothing item and you can use it on props etc.  Plus it has other features that I can't recall right now.

10.  Did I mention that the support for the program is second to none?

I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single day since I purchased WW that I haven't used it when using Poser.  To me it's become a staple and I can't ever imagine going back to using Poser without it.

NOTE:  I'm not getting paid for this glowing recommendation!  I believe it truly is by far the most outstanding program ever to come along for Poser.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi