Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: whats the legalities of using poser for 3d

tom_b opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 24 posts

ThrommArcadia posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 9:32 AM

Okay, here are the basics:

If you create something using Poser or any content that is "licensed" for commercial work you can create any image or animation and retain the rights to that image or animation.

YOU CAN NOT create anything from wich the original mesh, textures or pose can be extracted, this usually means video games and such!

BUT, the difference is, if you create a video game where the Poser content can not be extrated (ie: cinematics), you are fine.

Bascially, if it is flatened, renderd, rasterizae, you are fine.

If I can, decode ytour file and extract a mesh fo sme kind, then you have broklen your agreements with whoever you have gotten the mesh from.  Tis would include any generateion mesh, P3 or or bvh motion or otherwise.

Got it?

yeah, I'm drunk, but the rules are really simple.

The resources beong to whoever created them.  An original Image beongs to the artist who used them.

Don't vreate ANYTHING from which someone can extract even a derivitave of womone elses resources!!!

A 32 by 32 byte version foa texture map still belongs to whoever created it!!  The same with a reduced mesh!!!

Okay, I hop this has helped and not sounded to arguemtative!!

We are all friends who depend on each other.  Play by the rules and no one will get hurt!