Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

Acadia posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 4:25 PM

This may or may not help you guys out, but....

Just use common sense.  I know that common sense differs from person to person depending on their upbringing and / or culture etc.  However, if you have to stop and question if your image should have a nudity flag, then just stick on the flag.  What harm is that doing?  Heck, chances are it will increase your views!  

Just don't abuse the nudity tag by flagging images that  couldn't possibly be construed as "nudity" (IE: flagging an image as nude because the horse in the scene doesn't have clothing on it)  because that will defeat the whole purpose of the nudity flag.

I don't understand what the issue is about flagging an image nude if it's warranted.  Is it because some people feel that by applying the "nudity" tag to their image that they are casting themselves into an undesirable / perverse light or something? 

I can tell you that unless it's an absolutely blatent nude that is not flagged nudity, or a picture that has zero nudity that has been flagged nudity, that there is great discussion behind the scenes about each image that comes into question before any changing of tags or action is taken.

From what I've seen in my short time as a co-ordinator, all of the staff give great care to be fair and unbias and consult together to make these decisions.

I know some people are black and white when it comes to "rules" and unless they see something in writing they will consider it "ok" by exclusion.  There will always be "if" and "what if" when it comes to rules, and in the case of nudity it's impossible to include every single possible example of what could be construed as nudity because there will be always be someone who wants to test the waters in order to push the limits.

The TOS is there as a guideline only, and as with most guidelines it's open to interpretation by anyone who reads it... you know, all of that differing common sense stuff  :) ... however, the following is pretty clear. 

Quote - Nudity consists of / Needs to be tagged : Bare nipples, areola, bare buttocks or buttocks cleft, genitals {including pubic hair} This also includes transparent/sheer clothing where any of these areas show thru.

If your image falls outside of that and you aren't sure if it should be tagged, flag it or better yet, ask a staff member. The staff member won't be making the decision on their own.  They will likely post it in their discussion forum and ask what the others think and then let you know.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi