Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

Acadia posted Tue, 23 January 2007 at 10:44 PM

Speaking as a member without any official title next to my name for a moment, because this is what I would have said to you all a couple of weeks ago.

I think you are all going off track here :)  You will still be allowed to have nudes in your galleries. That's not changing!!  All that is changing is the thumbnail policy where nudes are concerned.

All Renderosity is asking us to do is to make a tasteful thumbnail that doesn't have "in your face" boobs, butts and genitals.

Why is it so hard  to crop a tasteful portion of your image that is 200 x 200 pixels and simply upload that when you upload your nude image?  Surely out of a 2000 x 2000 pixel image there is 200 x 200 pixels of it that don't have sexual content in it?

The images that are tagged nudity will still be picked up by the system filters and filtered out for those who do not want to see nudity period.

I've never had the nudity filter on, but I know for me personally that  I woud rather see a gallery that is filled with tasteful thumbnails than dozens of stock ones that say "NUDITY"  or  have haphazzard scribbles through them as I see happening in the gallery today.

What is so wrong with Renderosity trying to make arriving at the gallery pages a pleasant experience for everyone?  If you want to see nudes, just click on the thumbnails with "nudity tags". If you don't want to see nudes, then don't click on the thumbs with "nudity tags".  This way we all get to see the images we want to see and  no one is being smacked in the face with "tits and ass" upon arriving in the gallery.

This change was in place long before I accepted the position of co-ordinator, and I actually agree with the changes. I like looking at tasterful nudes as well as the next person, but I don't like being confronted with dozens of "tits and ass" shots upon arriving in the gallery.  Try and deny it all you like, but many of the nudes and the "tits and ass" thumbnails have been for nothing but garnering  views. You can't deny that because search back to all of the threads that have discussed how to get more views on images and every single thread states "post nudes and post nude thumbs". So because of that it's my personal opinion that many of the nudes being posted have been purely for shock effects and to garner views, nothing more. People should be striving for views on their images based on the quality of their image, not because of the content.

I've looked at other galleries around poserdom and other than Renderotica and a couple of other similar sites, none of them allow the type of thumbnails that Renderosity has been allowing up until now.

All revolting is going to do is shoot yourselves in the foot. One day Renderosity is going to get so sick of dealing with these types of issues and the revoltes that happen when they try and make a change to better the website and make it appear more professional and tasteful, that they may  one day decide to stop allowing nudes in the gallery period!   When something becomes too much of a headache to deal with, usually the final solution is to get rid of the problem.

I don't think anyone wants to see that happen.

The above is my own personal opinion and not a statement on behalf of Renderosity.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi