Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

Cinnamon369 posted Tue, 23 January 2007 at 11:58 PM

Hello, I would like to add my feedback about the policy change.

I don't mind the thumbnail policy change per say, although I expect more censorship to follow. And I sincerely hope you prove me wrong.  I believe it is going to lead to more complaints by the anti-nudes that "they clicked on a thumbnail that looked innocent and saw (gasp) a bare breast" somehow missing the contains nudity branding.

They seem to think they have won some sort of moral issue with the thumbs and are already calling to have all images with nudes in a "separate" gallery. Thus, making artists who do use nudes (of any kind) feel like they are being treated not as equals. And that by separating art in this manner you are declaring Nudity is dirty and is immoral.

I feel this is indeed a slippery slope and said complainants will continue to badger you until they get their way.

I am a Pin-Up Artist. This art form does involve sensuality and the human form and sometimes a good dose of innuendo. This is my style of art and it is an Art.

I may be a beginning 3d artist but for fellow artists to sling comments around that none of these people have talent or skill is absurd and sounds like jealousy more than any thing else. Or that nudes are stealing their hits. I care nothing about my hit count, hate to burst their bubbles. Peoples taste in art isn't going to change over night.

It really saddens me to see artists treating each other this way.  When I see something I don't want to look at in the gallery.....I move on. Perhaps their likes and dislikes are more important than mine.

I do understand your never going to please everyone. But do give a thought as to what art is and all the different ways to define art as this business describes it's self as an "Art Community". I haven't done anything wrong and am not going to go away. I don't think it is Renderosity's staff or policies that have saddened me as much as my fellow artists attitude.

Marianne