Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A question to all poser content creators...

DogMeat opened this issue on Jan 23, 2007 · 22 posts

Tilandra posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 9:14 AM

Quote - I mean, if I don't like it, and I made it,  no one will, right?

Teyon, I wouldn't say that.  Americans go gaga over "American Idol" but I can't stand that show... the taste of the average consumer can be perplexing at times.  :D

Quote -
@Tilandra - do you mean that some 3d programs are more "poser friendly" than others? can you please give examples?

I've been out of the marketplace for two years, so I can't point to any of my current products as examples just yet... I cleared room for the new stuff I'm planning.  :D

However, while getting back into the swing of things and going over the various programs I've collected over the years (I've been playing in 3D for... I think 10 years now.  Wow) to try and decide what one I'm going to concentrate on now, I've found that certain programs like C4D need a lot of tweaking export/import settings to get it right, or require a plugin.  However, Shade has been amazing... Just using default export OBJ settings I can do all the texturing in Shade, and when I import it into Poser it's already textured and ready to go.  Including effects settings like ambient glow.  Although I'll usually go into the Shader nodes and adjust a bit more, as I get finicky.  :D  I created a prop yesterday, textured, and imported it in Poser and it looked exactly the same.

This makes sense, as Shade and Poser are owned by the same company now.

However, Shade as a modelling tool has been difficult for me to wrap my head around.  But for various reasons, I was pretty much forced into choosing it as my modeller.  Not that I'm complaining!  By concentrating on one program, and quitting my usual switching back and forth between tools to accomplish tasks, it's made life a lot easier.  I just have to change my way of thinking a bit to do the same things I did in other programs.

Being a merchant here is not easy.  The product verification can seem restrictive and overly-harsh sometimes.  You pour your soul into creating a product and for weeks there's not one nibble in the marketplace and you feel like giving up.  But it can be a tremendous source of satisfaction as well, especially when everything "clicks".  So don't give up, you'll get it.  :D