Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Gallery Advice: Other galleries

kobaltkween opened this issue on Jan 23, 2007 · 19 posts

ThrommArcadia posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 11:45 AM

I don't watermark my pics and I've found them stolen.  Yet, I still don't watermark.

Why?

Hmmm...

Well, I've been meaning to do a little signature thing and when I find something I like that doesn't detract, I will probably apply it to all my works.

In the end, what I post here I post for people to enjoy.  I am very particular about a lot of things in my pics, I'll spend hours just doing colour balance in many cases.  I don't want to go and ruin that with a gaudy watermark.

On the other hand, if someone re-posts a pic of mine on another site, I'm not really out any money, so I'm not overly protective.  I'd like credit and that is why I'm designing a signature.  Still, I haven't had a lot of time lately to create any art, let alone design a sig that I like.

If I was running a pay site where I was posting pics that people had to pay a membership to see (like a comic or an adult site), then I would vehemently go after those who stole my pics.

The opposite holds true aswell, if I find someone selling what I am giving away for free, I would also make a pretty big fuss.

As it is, I'm not too concerned.  Right now the worst that could happen is some talentless idiot tries to claim credit for my work.  In the end he/she will be exposed and I will not have lost or gained anything.