Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

JimFarris posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 1:49 PM

Quote - The problem is that nobody clicks on a picture of a foot.

Can't agree with that. This is the second-most-viewed-ever pic in my gallery:

1. PLEASE do not just pick this one point and ignore everything else I said.  :P  I would have MUCH preferred to discuss the notion of a "Revealing Clothing" filter than have to argue over feet.

2. The statement was NOT meant as an absolute (I.E. it applies to everyone, results are always zero hits).  It was meant as a general statement (I.E. post a work-safe picture of a face, get less hits than posting a non-work-safe picture of a pair of hooters).

3. I did, however, literally mean "a picture of a foot."  
    This is a picture of a foot, from my gallery thumbs:

That image doesn't have enough ratings yet to show it's stars.  And, like most of the images I post where I attempt to be "work safe", that image will likely take a week or two before it finally gets four ratings.  Some have taken months before they got four ratings.  Some simply never get four ratings, period.  Not enough clicks.

What you showed, however, is not a picture of a foot.  It is a picture of a pair of bare legs, and is, for many people, NOT "work safe."  Compare:

See the difference?

Work Safe = Not enough hits to get a rating.
Not Work Safe = Usually gets a rating in half an hour, less if it's actually somewhat revealing, and can get a rating in less than five minutes if actual breasts or buttocks of attractive females are shown.

Do I think that's good?

No, I think it SUCKS.  

I'd MUCH rather not have to appeal to purient interests just to get four stinkin' ratings.  But, here at Rendo, that's the only way to do it.  There are literally tens of thousands of artists, and they post constantly - usually no less than one image a minute and up to five images a minute, and more on weekends when the kiddies aren't in school.  Any image I post has half an hour to get a rating, or it drops off the first page and ceases to exist.  Hence, since none of my images have particularly tittilating thumbs, most simply don't have ratings.

Nobody clicks on a picture of a foot.