Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

Giolon posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:02 PM

Quote - Well Giolon, your thumbnail is an accurate representation of your image, and you've placed it in the correct gallery, so I won't be removing it. Congratulations, I hope your achievement gives you a warm glow ;-)

Not exactly, Karen.  I'm just in a silly mood today. :lol:  The only thing that really bothers me about rules is when they aren't applied fairly or consistently.

Edit: I think Karen's turning this rule into a mantra up there.  "If I repeat it over and over, exactly the same, maybe they'll get it."

Did I not say in my first post of this thread that there would be a firestorm, but you didn' t have to be Nostradamus to see that coming.

What I don't get now are a couple things:

First, in my "farewell" thumbnail, Stacey classified it as "tasteful breast exposure", yet it clearly exposes much more than the example image accompanying the announcement did (not that I'll complain b/c that's how most of my thumbnails are anyway, and it was before the deadline anyway).

Second, you guys are allowing the same kind of "banned" thumbnail language in your banner ads at the top of the site.  I just saw one this morning (after the ban) with the text across it "Nude Latin Model Inside."  How about we have a little consistency across departments, eh? Or is the almighty advertising dollar strong enough to allow a little extra leniency?

I'm not so narcissistic to believe that my opinion or presence matters to you guys, but I'm no longer sure that this site will be a welcome place for art like mine in the coming future.  I'm a big believer in the slippery slope theory (once you ban nudity in thumbs, much more will come down the road), but I'll say you have handled this better than the Marketplace where you required a redo of all prior thumbnails, regardless of age, forcing many items into deletion. 

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤