Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

StaceyG posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:34 PM

Quote - The problem is that the stated rule is an exercise in contradiction, because if you make an image that is in its pure essence an expression of human nudity how the bloody heck are you going to make a thumb that truly is representative of the image (an image that is still allowed) but at the same time not violate the other half of the rule?

No matter how many times you repeat it, it don’t make the contradiction go away

Well I guess my question to you is what is the difference in that you are saying you can't make a thumb representative of the image without nudity or "warning nudity here" written as a thumb but yet the vendors and other artists from the galleries have been doing this successfully and very creatively for quite some time? I just can't understand how there are so many that can accomplish this quite well but yet you are saying its virtually impossible ? If your figure is a woman and is nude then doesn't that woman have a face, neck, shoulders, legs,etc that you can showcase in the thumb (and since that would be part of your full image then its definitely not misleading in any way)?  When you click the nudity flag that lets viewers KNOW there is nudity in that image so why would you need to tell them that with a bunch of "warning text" that really doesn't show any portion of what is in your full image?