Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

urbanarmitage posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 8:56 AM

I must admit that I find it more than just a little curious why the TOS does not allow a thumbnaill that even uses words that describe nudity! This really is going too far IMHO!

Guys, I know that there are all sorts of people of various ages, moral values and with restrictive big-brother company surfing rules but really, I am 39 years old and surely as a concenting adult if I chose to view images and thumbnails that contain nudity then I should be able to? Especially on an open art community like 'Rosity?

This all throws me back to the way we were treated back in school (ending 22 years ago!) where our minds were made up for us instead of giving us the freedom to make our own choices in life. And BTW, for those that know what I am referring to I was born and raised in South Africa, a more verkrampte (erm, staunch, authortarian, a....y retentive? in English) nation back then than most non-SA citizens could imagine. English-speaking people also had it worse!

If the current system of filtering out nudity does not filter nude thumbnails then surely this is what should be addressed to resolve this sort of situation rather than hacking and slashing away at the community members like this?

I'm sorry but living in a country where 'political correctness' has become a fanatical part of society I find this whole situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If I have offended the 'Rosity staff then I apologise. I am only excercising my freedom of speech. There are parts of this community and site that are wonderful and a pleasure to use and be a part of, but unfortunately this sort of development is not! :unsure: