Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: ***** Renderosity Holiday Contest 2006: Winners Announced! *****

cartesius opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 41 posts

Soniclight posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 2:59 PM

To Fellow Artists Who Entered and to Staff:

First...

I didn't know there was this board until I got the last newsletter so I could also say "Congrats to All!" to my fellow entry artists -- winners or not.  If you're like me, I learned stuff just daring to enter.  Some funny, good-hearted works.

Second...

Ditto on take-it-easy-Anders sentiment.  Health first, art goodies second.

Third...

I contacted Lillian with a couple of questions right after the prize announcements (she was so helpful to me in my somewhat crazy last minute decision to enter the Animation section) -- but maybe it belongs here, so it closes this post.

As stated therein, I won the Honorable Mention in Animation and while small*...

I want to let the prize to go to a runner-up.  Logically, roriel is the one following me.  But if roriel has no use for it, another runner-up can contact me once we know what the process of prize delivery is.

*The second question in that email may or may not also be on the minds of any other artists who entered the contest.

Last, but not least...

Thanks to Renderosity for the Contest and even considering my somewhat different, frankly a tad uber-serious entry.

Doing the contest made me realize that my style of work probably belongs more in a NLE or film community. It doesn't fit in that well with Renderosity since so many of you do 3D and figure animations.

But I sure worked hard on it and it did parallel the same good-hearted themes of other fellow artists who entered the contest.

OK, nuf scribblin'.  Below are the two questions mentioned.

(Email text sent to Lillian)

I'm writing you because you've been very helpful, and you are the Marketing head person, too. 

A) Prize

As subject line states,I didn't hit the jackpot but I didn't do too bad (Honorable Mention)!  Not bad for a firstie.  I simply have no use for the AutoDesk course prize since I don't have Maya or any 3D programs.

I'd rather have the runner up directly after me (roriel) or other the runners up have it if it would be of use to them.

I don't know how you do give out the prizes, i.e. online coupon codes, etc.  Maybe I could just contact roriel or whomever after I get it and give it to them.  But I wish to stay within the rules and stipulations of how you do this too.

Hopefully this can be done one way or another, for why have a good prize go to waste, right?

B) Entry Use Policy

Since the contest is over and I am not among the top tier, where do we stand on my use of the entry at my own discretion?  I.e. if I wanted to YouTube it -- aye or nay? 

I'll probably do some further editing on it at some point that I didn't have time to do by the deadline.  Hey, it's my baby, after all - lol, but need to know your policies before spending any time on in the near future.

Let me know at your convenience.  No rush -- but figured I should address the prize issue as soon as possible.

Take care,

Philip Steven Knight
CompassionSensuality.Net
http://www.compassionsensuality.net

"The power of kindness is immense.  It is nothing less, really, then the power to change the world. " ~ Daphne Rose Kingma

Holiday 2006 Animation entry page: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?entry_id=23613