Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

pjz99 posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 2:58 PM

I don't see how that's at all preferable.  As a viewer from work, with "no nudity" flagged, I WANT a big giant "Content Advisory" thumb warning me not to click it unless I know it's safe to do so.  The current arrangement is preferable.  There is no plan to retroactively apply this policy to old gallery postings, and there does not seem to be any push to completely suppress flagged images (thankfully) - given these two things, the new thumbs policy is just irritating and dumb.  Many hundreds must go out of their way to accommodate a few abusers?

*"Many Renderosity members have expressed to us that while they admire artistic nudity, they really don't like it when it's so "In Your Face" in the thumbnail. ... Members that have their profiles set to not view nudity are still going to see the 'Content Advisory' default image if the Nudity or Violence flags are set. This change will only be visible to members that have their profiles set to view nudity. Going forward all thumbnails across the entire Renderosity site will be suitable for all ages. This change does not affect images uploaded prior to January 24th."

It just makes no sense at all!

My Freebies