Forum: Carrara

Subject: Poser 7/Carrara 5 Pro

jt411 opened this issue on Jan 23, 2007 · 29 posts

zippy posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:44 PM

Quote - Works with P5 great! You can import from any of the Poser apps you have. You'll just have to tell Carrara which one you want on import. You can import P7 content with the Native importer in C5P. It just doesn't handle magnet morphs if you make any or dynamic cloth.

OK. Would that also mean I couldn't add a custom magnet or other custom morph to a P7 figure character  before importing it into C5pro? For example, adding extra morphs to disfigure a head or body.

Thanks VERY MUCH for the help. lol...don't feel like shooting myself now! I'm begining to feel less of an ass for falling for the cheap Daz software offer:)

I am seriously wanting to change to new modeling software as I can no longer afford to keep up with the enormous cost of CinemaXL...Carrera looks a VERY attractive option. I'm not looking for animation bells and whistles, just a good sound modelling base with nice options for lighting and static scene rendering. Looks to me like Carrera's got some exciting landscape and environment possibilites too.