Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 dynamic clothing freebie (teaser...)

svdl opened this issue on Jan 13, 2007 · 157 posts

svdl posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:58 PM

Got it! Found a solution for the stretch problem I mentioned a few posts earlier.

Here's how it works: the upper part of the garter is conforming, as are the clips and the very lower ends of the straps. The straps themselves are dynamic.
At frame 1, I set a "Stretch" morph that pulls the tops of the straps down, so that they're "shortened". This "Stretch" morph exists in both the conforming part and the dynamic part.

For the conforming part, the Stretch morph gradually eases back to zero in frame 20, where Vicki 4 assumes her final pose. For the dynamic part, the Stretch morph is set back to zero on an arbitrary frame between 2 and the end of the simulation animation (I chose frame 20 in this case).
When I ran the simulation, stuff happened exactly the way I hoped. The conforming part that was "easing back" to its default size pulled on the straps, stretching them as they would be stretched in real life.

So now we can have realistic stretchy straps, in a way that is totally impossible with both pure dynamic cloth (deformation of the constrained groups would result) and pure conforming cloth (even if provided with dozens of morphs, it's as good as impossible to have the straps stretch naturally in every imaginable pose). Hybrids rule!

The render itself shows that I still have quite some things to do. There's some pokethru (haven't created morphs in the conforming parts yet), and the front left clip points at an unnatural direction (which I can solve with point-at behaviors). 

But IT CAN BE DONE!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff